My searching for great great grandfather continues. He lists nothing about his parents on any certificates and there is nothing listed by his wife of many years on his death certificate.
I have been searching for many years now and have several assumptions:
- He was orphaned at a young age-
- He was an illegitimate foundling
- He was fostered out at a young age and did not know his parents
- He did not want anyone to find out – in Poznan there was political unrest and civil riots which the Prussian government sought to prevent by various means
- He was born in another area than the town which he lists on his document
Basic searches have revealed little but today I did find some records in areas nearby to Zullichau, or Sulechow as it is not known. It is of course, a little difficult to read the Old German documents.
However I have several leads to follow on family search . com and eliminate from my possibilities now.
If I can find out the “social standing” or occupation of the parent it might confirm that it is the parents of my gg grandfather, who was a weaver, slipper and boot maker in the Prussian province of Silesia, which is now part of Poland, as it rightfully should be.
More to follow